Monday, September 7, 2009

First Week Of Internship #1


Started my first full week at Simon West Productions this week. It’s a small TV and film production office on the Paramount lot and I’ve really enjoyed it there so far. There are only three or four people in the office, including me, so I am very involved in the daily operations. I answer phones and emails, read scripts, and handle other administrative stuff like printing and mailing scripts, ordering office supplies and getting lunch for the boss. Some of my favorite jobs so far have included handling the guest list for an the new Night of the Living Dead launch party and watching casting footage for our new remake of The Mechanic that will be starting production this fall.

It’s very surreal to be working on a movie lot with so much history. I still kind of walk around every day feeling like I’m trespassing, even though I have my photo ID that lets me in the gate…


Our office is in the old Dressing Room building and it’s in a cute little area that looks like a college quad (and was actually used as such in the new NBC show “Community”). The building is all offices now, but it used to be the dressing rooms of all the old Paramount stars (Cary Grant, etc.) which I think is very cool.


It’s an awesome experience and I am loving it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment