Monday, September 7, 2009

Eats in LA #6: Late Night with Bob and Vianny

Late night adventure last night: after a brief stint at a party which was literally entitled “Rock Out With Your Guac Out,” (I don’t think I need to say any more about that) Callie, Nate and I were craving some late night eats. So, after a long, failed attempt at getting someone to deliver food to the Oakwoods, Callie drove us down into Burbank to experience the legendary Bob’s Big Boy, one of the only places open 24 hours (I guess it’s not really a college town, but it shocks me that there is more stuff open late in Ithaca than Los Angeles).


Our server was an interesting character named Vianny, kind of a homeless Danny Zucko looking character, who (and I am entirely serious about this) made jet airplane noises every time he delivered something to the table. Yes, he did. Our BLT, Big Boy Special, and pulled pork sandwiches (respectively) were all pretty good, served the purpose of some late night eats, and allowed me to check another West Coast restaurant legend off my list. And by that, I mean Vianny. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. LA is a strange place, here is my LA blog from my semester there
    http://quigroinla.blogspot.com

    Also, my favorite resturant in the world is in LA, more specifically in Toluca Lake. It's on Riverside drive and is super close to the Oakwoods, and called Don Cuco. I recommend going, write a review about it for me to read. I recommed El Gordo Combo with the Chicken Tortilla Soup. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

    -Josh Hassara

    ReplyDelete