Monday, October 12, 2009

Do You Want Fries With That (Burrito)? Eats in LA #9

Continuing on our quest to sample every fast food we won't be able to have once we've gone back to the East Coast, the other day while down at Albertson's in Burbank (our New new favorite grocer), we decided to make a Del Taco run. I was unsure of what to get, they offer so many products, but I decided to stick as far away from the standard Taco Bell fare as possible, and ordered the Shredded Beef Tacos Del Carbon. "Del Carbon" essentially means that these tacos are served with just meat and a blend of onions and cilanto on corn tortillas (rather than standard flour).


(author's note: I did both.)

The tacos are no frills, they came wrapped in tinfoil, but they were tasty, the beef was very flavorful and the corn torillas gave nice texture. I also loved the cilantro blend, it is a taste that is growing on me in my stay out west; I noticed they even offer it as a topping at Subway. Anyway, the tacos were great, but what was weird to me were the french fries. First of all, I didn't realized that getting the meal meant you got fries, like Taco Bell I assumed it just meant an extra taco ir something but no, it was a whole mess of fries. Why serve fries at a Mexican place? If they were special fries, maybe, but these were standard, crinkle-cut Ore-Ida crap that looked straight out of the freezer. Why? Unnecssary. I will probably venture back to Del Taco at some point to sample more of their selection, but I'll pass on the meal. No Del Taco, I don't want fries with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment